Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Recording e-amils sent and received on a mobile device to SalesLogix

As more and more people are using smart phones, more and more e-mails are sent from this devices.

As we have a lot of different Os types running on this phones I wander what you have in place to record mails sent from your smart phone to slx.

What I see is that many people are writing their mails on a smart phone but are not recording them in SalesLogix as they do not wnat to do this from their PC after they are back in the office.

The result is, that a lot of information is not part of the CRM system.

I think the only good solution would be to have the ability to record recived and sent e-mails.

I want to use this thread to learn your opinion and how you are dealing with this situation.

I am very excited about your input! Have a great start into 2012.

Regards Alexander

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: Recording e-amils sent and received on a mobile device to SalesLogix

Whatever happened to Exchange Link???

RJ Samp
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

It should do the job IF the user has configured "corporate email" on their phone and the email service is Exchange. For all others it's a no-go.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Hey Guys, how can ExchangeLink transfer emails? It only synchs Activities and To-Dos. Or am I missing something?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

You are not missing anything - it can't synch emails.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

We use a Corporate mailbox Exchange Server based Outlook on the Web, which I access from my iPhone through Safari.....if this this isn't the email system you'r looking for....and instead want to hook in Yahoo, Me, GMail, etc....

In other words, we are looking for a full blown' LAN\Web' client running on a mobile phone using HTML5 and an internet connection.....Attachments, Emails from ANY connection, Voice (navigation and Notes), Tickets, Opportunity Products, Leads, Mapped Directions, multiple contacts per Activity, Export to Excel, Crystal Reports, whatever email or social messaging system I'm using should be stored in SLX,  filters for groups, where's my Administrator functions I need to change Secured Actions and I'm in an airport.....

Alexander, I'd post this to IdeaLogix and the GitHub site.......I think this requres native app language hooks to capture your emails on the different O/S's.....and bring them into SLX. You are asking for I click on a Safari web page with an email link to whomever and record this email to SLX.....FaceBook, LinkedIn, my native app Contact List, etc.

Correct?

When do we get 'PlaxoLogix' integrated with any email service I choose to put on my iPhone to fully syncrhonize with SalesLogix.....

RJ Samp