Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Accepted Solution

Reassign an opportunity's account

Hello everyone, it's my first visit to this great community.  I've tried to find the answer to my question in the listed subject but couldn't. Here is my question:

When an opportunity is created in a wrong account, can we change the assigned account to the right one (both existing accounts). As the administrator I've tried to find out how, and if and as of now, I could only delete the opportunity and create a new one under the right account...Thanks in advance

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Reassign an opportunity's account

Unfortunately, this is not possible (within the UI) irrespective of who you are. The reason for this is historical - re-assigning this to a different account is not as simple as changing the ID (it is of course - I'll come back to that) as the account you change it to may not exist on the remote (if there is a sync environment. Consequently, the advice is to delete and re-create for the right account. However, if you are web/no-sync environment you simply change it at the database level UPDATE OPPORTUNITY SET ACCOUNTID = 'NEWID' WHERE OPPORTUNITYID = 'ID' And that's it! Of course, you may also wish to just change the control on the form (back to a normal link edit) and allow the users to do this themselves. Regards Mike

Re: Reassign an opportunity's account

Thanks, I'll ask my IT team to do so Smiley Happy