Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor

Problem with Attachments

We are on SLX v7.5.1 and when an attachment is saved and later opened it is blank. For example we send a customer an e-mail with a Word doc or Excel file and save it to SLX. If we go in the account in SLX and open the attachement, it's blank. If it is a PDF an error message is returned that the file is damaged and cannot be opened. Has anyone seen this before?
Silver Contributor

Re: Problem with Attachments

Are you using Web or LAN?

Have you checked if every user (LAN) or the webdll user has full access to the attachment path?

Have you looked into the attachment folder in the file system and checked the files there?

Does this also happen if you add an attachment directly to slx?

Are you having any event log errors?

Thanks!

Alexander

Not exactly that problem, but when I send an email using the Send SLX button, my emails get saved both under Notes/History AND as an attachment -- if the email has an attachment, I then have to open it from within this saved email attachment.  This started happening when we upgraded to 5.7.1, and my sys admin hasn't figured out why yet.
Silver Super Contributor

This is now configurable in v7.5.2, check upgrade guide on how to configure this functionality.
Highlighted

1. was that answer for the original post, or mine

2. your answer doesn't help those of us who are using 7.5.1

Silver Super Contributor

It was an answer to you. And, you are correct - but you are also out of luck too. This configuration for a functional change doesn't change until v7.5.2.

Thanks for clarifying!
Gold Super Contributor

...the answer is:

For 7.6.0/7.5.1 systems you are completely stuck until you upgrade to 7.5.2 

It was a "feature change" that slipped thru and we got them to fix it in 7.5.2. There is NO Hot Fix for any prior releases for this. Just the SP2 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html