Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Path cannot be empty string or all white space ........while attaching the document

Hi

While attaching a document to an account in the attachments tab in the slx 7.5.2 web i am getting an error

Path cannot be empty string or all white space

did any one faced this issue

Thanks in advance

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Path cannot be empty string or all white space ........while attaching the document

Do you have paths set up for the SalesLogix Documents and Library files within the Administrator - System - Offices
Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Path cannot be empty string or all white space ........while attaching the document

thanks adam once again . I have set the proper path and now that is working fine

Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Are the paths shared out "full control" to all Windows Users that are SalesLogix users?

Seriously.. I strongly recommend that you take a course from SageU.com on Install/Setup of SalesLogix. They have excellent courses on SalesLogix. If you want to attend a course in a classroom setting (on your site or somewhere else), some of us (BP's) also carry certifications to teach the exact same classroom course (includes Sage provided workbooks, etc) that Sage offers as well.

There's nothing like an investment in a hands-on training course that will save you tons of time ($$$$). IN fact all of us in the BP community are required to get training (and pass certification tests) in order to sell, install, customize SalesLogix... and for us it's not a one time thing.. we have to (re)do this with "significant" releases every time.

Message Edited by RJLedger on 02-25-2010 02:45 PM
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Ledger,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. Infact i am planning to take the sage saleslogix developer trraining from sageu. Basiucally i am slx developer anmd From last 3 and half years i am in to development of lan cusotmizations and from last 8 months i am in to developing web customizations but i never installed web slx. As i am new to web slx installation, i am facing problems and unable to find the causes for the errors and getting confused whether they are installation errors or it is a bug in web client.

ANy way i thank you very much and happy to take a just a suggestion from you because in fact i am fan of yours as i use to read many posts at least thrice a week from customerfx.com or slxdeveloper.com

With Best wishes and Regards

Jack

Bronze Elite Contributor

Excellent Jack!  "i am fan of yours"  Smiley Very Happy

RJ, Watch out for the groupies!

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

Thanks!

As you have found out, knowing SalesLogix Windows does help some (schema/entity, etc...). However, the web has a very significant steep learning curve. Some days it feels like you are in a pure 90 degree vertical going nowhere.

Along with some other folks, I was in one of the very first training courses (in Chicago) on the web (almost 3 years ago). We had a group of very talented/experienced BP's there and everyone was struggling. As a result of the "early days" (at least I hope it was), significant changes were made in both the web product as well as the training. Even so, it requires far more knowledge than the WIndows product ever required to do deployment and customizations.

The SalesLogix SageU team (lead by Janet) has really been the real leaders in developing and delivering training. I can't give them enough kudos.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html