Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor

Out of system resources Error in SLX LAN v7.2.1

Hi all.

One of our users gets the following error: "Out of system resources." when he tries to insert a new contact or account. It happens randomly though, there are times when he tries to insert a new contact and he doesn't get the error. He says this started occuring this week, we have changed anything in the SalesLogix system or database.

I've told him to close everything else and just keep SalesLogix and Outlook open, but he still gets the error. 

Any ideas what it could be? Thank you in advance.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Out of system resources Error in SLX LAN v7.2.1

We're on 7.2.2 with 80 LAN and 50 Concurrent Users and have never seen the issue (although 50% are on Citrix). Since no other users are experiencing the problem it would appear to be the user's PC. Outlook is a resource hog so that should be closed too but a reboot is always step 1 in our troubleshooting of our persistent error related issues. Make sure user has minimum requirements - sometimes these don't cause problems initially but do, later. Check how Free Space his hard drive has and consider checking disk for errors and a defrag. Check Even Viewer around the time the problem occurs. Re-installing SLX is another quick and easy troubleshooting step for a LAN Client. If problems persist you could have a hardware issue.

Thanks,
Larry

Our ~100 clients get this error too.  It does seem to be something tied to the PC but I have yet to figure out what.  I fixed some by increasing the desktop heap settings in the registery.  I don't recommend this approach as it has a lot of side effects.
Employee

Hi there,

As this seems a machine specific issue, I would recommend that you check the machine for any hardware issues.

The two main areas I'd check are the RAM and the HDD.  A defect block of RAM or a bad sector in the cache file might be periodically causing SLX to believe there are no resources on the system.

You'll be able to get everything you need free online.  Check out Memtest for the RAM, and you'll be able to download a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer of the HDD.

If these tests both come back clean, then the issue could be Windows related.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Copper Elite Contributor

Ok. We cleaned up the computer and rebooted it and that seemed to work.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

In this case is the virtual memory on the machine at least equal to the RAM on the machine? What was the ram on the machine?