Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

New Attendees functionality: Duration?

how do you  track of each attendees duration, or is this just an oversite? We're assuming that Members attend for the entire meeting, and just for the meeting.....or nothing at all....and don't keep track of a 15 minute flyby, prep time, post time.....by User\Member, by Attendee?

RJ Samp

Re: New Attendees functionality: Duration?

The duration is for the whole meeting not each attendee.

Good idea though, how about creating a Idealogix request?

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Silver Contributor

Posted about 10 years ago.....and reposted often, including on Idealogix.

RJ Samp

There is a picklist for each attendee that could be used for additional status.

For example, "attended", "Flyby", etc.

John Perona

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

Silver Contributor

That's a start....but I've got customer's that have been using User Activity (deleted when an Activity is completed and converted to History) for Billing.....and want to know which product was presented first, second, third and for how long (thing pharmaceutical reps calling on a Doctor).....They also want to know how long each attendee, participant, user spend pre meeting, at the meeting, post meeting, and even travel time. The metrics are important (many of my clients use qlikview 11 using data loaded from the SLX Database....and  1 meeting with 1 sales rep user for 1 hour doesn't equal 1 activity for 5 users including a VP of Sales, the Regional Manager, the District Manager, et al who flew out for a $5 million pitch to Wal-Mart for 1 or 3 hours.

We end up adding touches ( sum of people at a meeting for all completed activities), total time spent (users * each duration) summed across activities, travel time (apportioned between  meetings when you fly out to a distant city and make 5 calls), and Opportunity Cost (Salary + Benefits per hour for each 'class' of user).

When it comes to attendees....if the decision maker only can spend 15 minutes with you in an hour pitch we'd like to record that.....

Anyway, well begin customizing this against the new tables....and may even store Activity User Activity in the new History Attendee table....

RJ Samp

Great, let me know how it goes.

John Perona

Infor CRM

Infor CRM