Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Migrating from Intellisync to Outlook Sync

We're currently upgrading from 7.5.4 web to 8.1 web.  Some of our users are syncing contacts and calendars using Intellisync.  Since this is not supported any more, we need to use the new Outlook Sync tool.  I can't find any documentation or best practices for making this transition.  I've always found Intellisync to be buggy and I'm worried about creating duplicates (or more) of contacts or calendar events on my users' machines.  It's always such a nightmare to clean up when Intellisync didn't work right.

Does anyone have experience doing this and any suggestions on making it go smoothly?

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Migrating from Intellisync to Outlook Sync

VOEU - Voive Of Experience in Upgrading... Bluntly.. make sure you rip Intellisync out - uninstall it from all your systems as the first stage in upgrading. Otherewise, expect problems.

Outlook Sync replaces both Outlook Integration as well as Intellisync. Expect you will be missing a coupel of features after teh upgrade - ex: no GoToSLX

Otherwise just follow the upgrade process in the upgrade docs and you should be fine. OS uses the same adhocgroup (SyncSaleslogix) as Intellisync.

Oh yes, ExchangeLink and Outlook Sync shoudl NOT be used at ths same time.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Employee

RJ's right on. It is a very similar product. You do have to make sure you aren't running both the old product and the new at the same time, since they do the same thing and don't talk to eachother about it. The biggest bennie from my point of view is that it is MUCH easier for Support. Intellisync's support from the vendor stopped a long time ago and there is no good online repository of information on it.

Garrett Hyde | Technical Support Analyst, Senior
Infor CRM
office: 800 944 5709 | Garrett.Hyde@Infor.com | www.infor.com

Infor + Saleslogix Global Conference | Nov 2 - 5, 2014 | Scottsdale | saleslogix.com/conference
Copper Contributor

Thanks to both of you.  I will make sure to delete Intellisync from the user's computer before doing anything else.  I'm going to be testing this today on my machine. 

Gold Super Contributor

.. not just un-install isync.. reboot before you proceed to clean out reg, etc..;-)

--

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

That's good to know.  I have to edit the registry? Does SalesLogix support have documentation on uninstalling?  I can't find anything specific.  But their support site is not that great.

Gold Super Contributor

Nope.. no manual reg editing required.. a reboot "cleans" things up.

--

Copper Contributor

Thanks!