Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Silver Contributor

Re: Migrating 7.2.2 Client to new Citrix Farm

Opportunity Snapshot is a LAN Opportunity Detail View feature since 6.20000. It's a browser window memo box looking block with html formatted text, hyperlinks, data entry fields, et al.

RJ Samp
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks RJS,

I found it ... in our EVAL DB - we had removed this cool section (Top Right of Opp Detail View) since we had significantly customized our Opportunity functionality but I always wanted to figure out a way to leverage this very cool control.

Thanks again,

Larry

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Larry,

Yes, I found a link on the Citrix boards that describes the problem and a couple of suggestions to correct it. The post on the Citrix board was specific to having IE as a published app.  I forwarded it on to our Citrix admin, but he thinks that although it is close, it isn't quite the same. As a test, I went into SLX as a published app through XenApp, then clicked on the globe next to an account address that launches IE to map the address using MapQuest. (The URL for Mapquest is also not correct in XenApp. It adds an extra http://%20 type stuff to the beginning of the URL, but that is a minor problem, and as it turns out, it also does that in our older MetaFrame Citrix environment as well). 

The point of that was just to get IE launched in the XenApp environment to check it out since IE is not a published app in our XenApp environment.  I went to Flickr.com  since they use ActiveX functionality.  In the XenApp environment, I got a message from Flickr suggesting that I use a browser that has ActiveX enabled.   I only get the Flickr suggestion to use an ActiveX enabled browser when accessing through the XenApp, so there is something to this line of inquiry.

Here is the link to the posting on the Citrix boards:

Copper Elite Contributor

Great stuff! I'm not real clear on published app and full desktop terminology but I think I get it. It's weird that after you logon as full desktop and then go back to the published app it works fine, or at least for IE.

We can only logon to SalesLogix as a published app (I think). MS Office and IE can't be opened directly by our Citrix users but only through the SalesLogix interface (clicking on Globe for IE, or View Mail for Outlook or Export to Excel for Excel, etc.). So are IE and MS Office published apps? I'm not sure.

It's ashame there's not much Citrix support in the Community here. There used to be a very helpful person on ITToolbox but the advertising just drove me crazy so I'm not sure if he's still out there. You might want to give it a try if you haven't already but it sounds like you're almost there!

Thanks again,

Larry Esposito

Bronze Super Contributor

Hi Larry,

Here is something I just came across and copied explaining the deployment differences. I don't understand the streaming one yet at all... just haven't had time to look at it at all.

Published Application: With published applications the application is seamless presented to the end-user within the current desktop. From a user perspective the application is runny the same as locally installed applications.

Published Desktop: A complete desktop including a start menu is presented to the end-user. Normally the user will not have a client desktop anymore and all his work is done from this published desktop.

Streamed Application: Citrix is also offering application virtualization out of some editions of Citrix XenApp. This virtualized application can be streamed to the Citrix XenApp Server or locally to the client. On this client the application will run locally and use local resources (and has no connection to the Citrix XenApp server for the end user).