Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Merging Opportunities

(SalesLogix v7.2) We have some opportunities that we would like to merge into one (were entered as separate opps when in fact are different flavors of the same opportunity - & as a result are artificially inflating our forecast & pipeline reports/stats). 

I found (in Help) references to the "Duplicates Wizard" and merging records.  But that only seems to apply to the Contacts or Account List views.  Is there a way to merge opportunity records?

Thanks

Robin R. McDonald
Marketing Manager
DTx Inc.
Copper Contributor

Re: Merging Opportunities

Nope, you cannot merge opportunity records.

Jon:

Technically you are correct, out of the box that function does not exist.  We had our business partner work on a script though that allowed us to merge two opportunities into one, so with a little knowledge this can be accomplished.

Ted Sturr 

Copper Super Contributor

Robin,

I know the Cleanse bundle from DQ Global (www.dqglobal.com) which is designed for deduplication can merge pretty well any entity in SalesLogix and allow you to add your own custom merge steps to incorporate whatever granular logic you need pre and post merge (i.e. aggregate products with the same price instead of just showing two product lines).

Regards,

James Sutton