Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Massive Delete/Kill of All Activities(Calls, Meetings, etc...) - Possible?

Hey Everyone,

So somehow somewhere either a users Intellisync went insane or the Outlook client went insane and they now have 89,000+ Meetings scheduled.  In BOTH Outlook and the SLX Activities/Calendar.  Yes, I know lucky me...  Regardless, I'm looking into any way to do a mass kill of ALL activities in SLX.  Once I do that, I will edit the Outlook calendar, and then start up Intellisync again so that it imports the remaining "clean" appointments.

So if anyone has ANY information on how to do this, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Joe

Tuned Listener

Re: Massive Delete/Kill of All Activities(Calls, Meetings, etc...) - Possible?

One way is to perform a DELETE FROM {put table name here and leave off the braces} using the SLX Administrator.  Test this on a backup DB first!  You can send the results out to the remotes this way also.  If you need to check which user then use DELETE FROM {tablename} WHERE SECCODEID IN ('....', '....').  Put the SLX user's ID in the single quotes (keep the single quotes).

HTH

Tom

Copper Elite Contributor

Tom,

DELETE FROM {tablename} is a command that should only be used by seasoned professionals. And the qualifying WHERE SECCODEID IN {user seccodeid} doesn't apply to the Table in question.

While the Calendar Button on the Sales NavBar might bring Joe to an interface usable to filter and delete the desired Activities quickly, I'd strongly recommend that he contact his BP or Sage directly for assistance since Outlook Integration can be very ugly when it goes awry as demonstrated already!

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks guys for the suggestion and help!  As always much appreciated.

SAGE SLX support was unable to assist me on this issue.  Wasn't too happy on that front.

What I was happy about was that my BP came through with the proper coding of -

delete from activity
where userid = 'u6uj9a000009'
and description like 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx%' (where x represents the description searching for)

Not being a SQL coder is a slight hindrance in all of this too.  But the issue is now put to bed.

Have a good weekend!

Gold Super Contributor

Did they also tell you to kill of the associated records in USER_ACTIVITY? These are the ones that cause an activity to show up on the calendar ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Elite Contributor

Sorry to hear that Sage Support was not so helpful - they usually are for me!

And I would think that this was a fairly trivial request through the Activities Main View

But the Outlook Integration could make it tricky and perhaps there was more to the problem

Kudos for going to your BP and documenting your fix in the thread!

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor

Kudos to you too for shedding light on a table I didn't even know existed! I suppose that's what makes you Silver Elite Smiley Wink

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor

My bad! Obviously, 89,000+ records is problem enough and makes this anything but trivial!
LEsposito wrote:

Sorry to hear that Sage Support was not so helpful - they usually are for me!

And I would think that this was a fairly trivial request through the Activities Main View

But the Outlook Integration could make it tricky and perhaps there was more to the problem

Kudos for going to your BP and documenting your fix in the thread!

Copper Super Contributor

I wonder how long it took for Intellisync to produce 89,000 ACTIVITY records?

It's a serious question; if it was creating them one-by-one in an endless loop, you'd think the user would have noticed, right? And why did it stop at 89,000 and not some other number? Maybe it was mass-copying them with one of those SQL INSERT INTO... SELECT FROM commands, and there was something wrong with the SELECT part - some sort of bad join, maybe, or nulls where there shouldn't be nulls.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Maybe a Cartesian Product (i.e. no join) - very common mistake for me in Access! Although I'm not sure how Intellisync would do such a thing.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito