Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Mail Merge in Citrix

When a mail merge is done in citrix, the image comes across as a red cross.  When it is done outside of citrix the image does come across.

SLX 7.5.0.1484

Outlook and Word are 2003 SP3

Windows 2003 R2 SP2

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.  Ed. 

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge in Citrix

[ Edited ]

Dear Ed,

We had this issue for a very very long time and could finally solve it...

This issue can be solved with the pathmanager:

Analysis and remarks:
Using the folder redirection (roaming profiles) configured in the active directory some SalesLogix-paths

are automatically redirected to a different path.Using the UNC-path \\Servername\ other problems will occur

(missing pictures in e-mail mail merge). Using a normal drive letter Z:\ pictures will be sent correctly.

Step 1:

Add the following registry key on your Citrix/Terminalserver:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SalesLogix\PathManager]

Step 2:
Start the Saleslogix-Client until the login screen apears. Serveral registry keys will be added. With registry.exe

you can see where these paths are pointing to. Adjust all keys that start with MailMerge to a drive letter path:
example: "MailMergeCachePath"="U:\\%user%\\Application Data\\SalesLogix\\MailMerge\\Cache"

Step 3:

Once the registry key is modified and activated it will be used by every user login on this server.

The key is activated when both symbols “<>”are removed in front of the path.

Hope this helps ;-) Please let us know!

Best regards,
Lukas

Message Edited by lrichter on 01-08-2010 07:20 AM
Message Edited by lrichter on 01-08-2010 07:20 AM
Silver Super Contributor

Hi Lukas

Yep, that was put in specifically for Wago - it just took a long time to make it into product !

Regards
Mike
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Mike

Happy new year!

The intersting thing was specially that it does not work with a UNC-Path only with Drive letter!

The used path was defined by folder redirection in Active Directory for roming profiles!

Took very very long (over a year) to figure this out, even after Sage added this Mail Merge links

to the pathmanager :-)

Regards Lukas

Tuned Listener

Lukas - Thanks for the reply.  When we add the pathmanager registry key and then start the client, several registry keys are added, but none of them start with mailmerge.  Why would the mailmerge registry keys not be created?  Thanks for the assistance.  Ed.
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Ed

It looks like the Mail Merge had been added with 7.5 SP1. Mike Spragg was discussing this matter with Sage

2 years ago to add this because of exact this problem. I could not find any Mail Merge paths was not in SLX 7.0

Versions available and our current customers have 7.5.1.

The the only possibility would be to change the policy of the folder redirection in active directory, but I don't think

the customer would like this. The best would be to upgrade to SP1 as soon as possible.

http://www.virtualizationadmin.com/articles-tutorials/terminal-services/performance/configure-folder... 

Best regards,

Lukas

Message Edited by lrichter on 2010-01-21 12:44 AM
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi, Lukas, Mike

I have a client who wants to redirect the mailmerge features due to profile size restrictions, I have been through your suggestions for getting this to work but am having a few problems.

This is using slx 7.5.2 I am trying to set this up in a test environment non Citrix to see if I can get this working and am redirecting to a mapped drive.

Changing the registry keys to the suggested U:\\%user%\\Application Data\\SalesLogix\\MailMerge\\Cache is kind of working, however I end up with a %user% directory rather than the actual users login name.

Also when running through an email merge and set the option to edit prior to sending I get an error, this is taken from the log, but also appears on screen in the merge process.

[Exception - 20/07/2010 10:04:02]
Message: There was an error in EditAfter. The specified path is invalid.
Class: EEngineError
ErrorCode: -2147220948

Can you advise if you managed to get this fully working and if you have any ideas as to where I may be going wrong on this?

Any help or advise on this would be much appreciated.

Regards

Craig Frayne

Employee

The %user% varaible is not used by path manager. In order to use path manager to define the paths used by mail merge you should set the following registry keys:

MailMergeAttachmentsTempPath
MailMergeCachePath
MailMergeDataPath
MailMergeDebugPath
MailMergeFaxTempPath
MailMergeLogPath
MailMergeTempPath

Example:

MailMergeAttachmentsTempPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Temp\Attachments
MailMergeCachePath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Cache
MailMergeDataPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Data
MailMergeDebugPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Debug
MailMergeFaxTempPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Temp\Fax
MailMergeLogPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Log
MailMergeTempPath = M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Temp

If this is for the web client running on Citrix, the following should also be added:

WebClientAttachmentsPath
WebClientLibraryPath

Example:

WebClientAttachmentsPath = M:\SomeLocation\WebClient\Attachments
WebClientLibraryPath = M:\SomeLocation\WebClient\Library

User specific data will be added in a subfolder of each of these locations using the user's USERID value (e.g. M:\SomeLocation\MailMerge\Temp\ADMIN).

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Super Contributor

Mike,

Thanks for the update, are you saying it WILL NOT work?

I would have expected \  hoped this would work with the %username% as being identifed by SLXUserid is not easy to work out which folder belongs to whom.

Additionally other redirects via the registry do make use of the %username% so there is no consistency here.

Any chance this will be changed to make use of the %username%

Regards

Craig

Employee

Path Manager does not use %username% for any of its paths. The only place I can think of that uses this value is Send SLX with its HistoryDir value. Also, the mail merge paths are a combination of Path Manager paths with the UserID appended by mail merge. Path Manager values are stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, so there is no way to store unique paths for multiple users.

Please submit a feature request for mail merge to use the UserName instead of the UserID. The best you can do for the time being is to create shortcuts to the UserID folders and give those shortcuts meaningful names.

Thanks

Mike