Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Mail Merge - Suppress Blank Fields

I'm a new user of Architect and am trying to figure out how to suppress blank fields in my templates. Example, some have Address 1 and 2 while others only have Address 1. Want to suppress Address 2 in that case and not have a blank line in the merged document.   When I am editing templates, all of the options on the "Mailings" tab are greyed out... which I'm sure is because SLX wants control of those.

It may be a very simple thing, but I have yet to find a way to do it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Mail Merge - Suppress Blank Fields

Merged fields automatically suppress blank lines. I have had a customer report this in the past and we found that they were pressing shift return instead of just hitting return after each address line.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Re: Mail Merge - Suppress Blank Fields

Never thought it would be something that simple.  These are all "inherited" templates I am working with so I didn't even think about that option.  Sure enough, I replaced the address block on one, using Enter, and it worked fine.

Guess I'll be doing a lot of copy-pasting on all these other ones that were already out there.

Thanks for your help!

Brian