Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Listview/detail view

Each time I hit that button the tabs (I have quite a few) are jumbled and that slows me.  Is there a way to "lock" them in place?

Thank you.

Brian

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Listview/detail view

You need to let us know what version (5.x, 6.x, 7.x) and Client (LAN, Remote, Web) you're using and if it's happening to all or selected user(s).

For example, we have about 200 users on 7.2.2 mostly LAN/Citrix and some remotes and as far as I know, no one is experiencing what you're suggesting.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Thank you.

Version 7.2.2.1871

It happens to all (10 users)

Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that you've probably got your tabs all showing at once in multiple rows (in other words, "Stacked tabs" is checked when you right-click on one of the tabs), and whenever you click on a tab, they're all repositioned so that the tab you just clicked on moves to the bottom of the stack.

If that's the issue, then no, there's not much you can do about that... sorry.

Copper Elite Contributor

John,

Nice call! I think you've got it! I've got the same version and confirmed the behavior. I used the stacked tabs briefly in the past but it took half my screen so I went back to hiding and scrolling - no kidding! And I am always advocating that for the most part there should only be 2 tabs: the All Tab and the My Tab. Dream on.

Brian,

Why so many Tabs for only 10 users? Surely you can hide some of them (Right Click on a Tab and select Hide Group, or better yet, select Manage Groups and then go through hiding those you don't need with the check box in the lower left). And yes, I find the stack rearrangement with each click to be very unsettling too but I'm not sure I'd be ok with the selected Tab not being on the bottom row as the swapping rows seems to address.

Thanks,

Larry

Copper Super Contributor

Well, getting rid of all the tabs completely and going with a minimalist approach is certainly another option, but at the moment I don't believe the LAN client lets you make that particular tab control non-visible either.

Good idea, though! Smiley Happy

Gold Super Contributor

The REAL solution is for Sage to implement the same "group filtering" that it has developed for the Web Client in the WIndows/LAN Client.

FYI:

If anyone out there who has NOT seen the SalesLogix Web Cllient and would like to see how group filtering works, I would be more than willing to do a group web session/demo on it. Just drop me an email and we can set it up.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Tabs are very handy for the ways we use SLX and hiding a much of them just now has made finding what I need a whole lot better.  Thank you.