03-08-2011 07:14 AM
Is the Road Map for Saleslogix 8.0(Next Version) Got Released? I heard that it got released and SLX 8.0 will be in to the market by the End of 2011. Any Ideas..
03-08-2011 07:20 AM
I would be interested to see the roadmap as I am not going to Summit this year. The sessions for SLX are too high level and not as product specific as I would have liked. I would be suprised if it was released prior to Summit in July.
03-08-2011 08:07 AM
Sage SalesLogix has switched from a public version relelase approach to a more "packaged" terminology.
The latest release is Sage SalesLogxi 2011R1. It's a set of "accelerators" (add-ons) to the 7.5.3 base. You can see (and download) these if you look at the SalesLogix Support Site (if you log in).
AFAIK the current plan is to continue in this direction rather than the "version numbering" approach as has been done in the past.
So, will there be a "version 8.0".. maybe/no/yes.. who cares... What we will more than likely see is SalesLogix 2011Rn. thru this year and then early 2012 it will be Sage SalesLogix 2012R1.
Oh yes, and per Sage (on this community) the Windows/LAN client will continue to be part of it.
07-13-2012 07:22 AM
See my post reply to your post:
07-31-2012 02:09 PM
Is there a list of any sort available that will show me the numerous and fantastic enhancements that we can see in the Sawgrass LAN version? I can't seem to find much at all on that front. Thanks.
07-31-2012 05:35 PM
On the surface...
- a bunch of "cosmetic" stuff w/color changes on some title bars, etc....
- the ability (system wide - not by user unfortunately - to have a "ribbon-like" tool bar instead of the normal style - nice touch if that is something one wants.
- some code chanegs where some adVarChar(s) have been changed to adVarWChar(s)... and not all.. I cannot see a particular pattern and have not seen a doc explaining why this was done.. or to how it impacts customizations.
Overall.. a bit of a face-lift... BUT AFAIK it does support SQL 2012 (if that turns you on ;-)
... and no we did not get the assign multiple contacts to an activity which has been requested for (at least) the past 13 years.
08-05-2012 10:01 AM
More will be published about the SalesLogix LAN/Windows Client updates through Summit. But here is a short list
* Specific LAN stack
1) Client UI Refresh w/ optional ribbonized toolbar, Thumbnail Previews of each MDI window
2) Full Unicode data support
3) Legacy Defect Reduction
4) .NET Extensions updated to .NET 4.0
Common LAN/WEB Stack
1) New SData SDK API's - Mashups, SpeedSearch, Activities (w/Recurring support), Filters, Dimensions, Metrics
2) Mobile 2.0
3) Secured Speedsearch Indexes - More OOTB index on by default
4) Data Safegaurding improvements for Remote Sync
John PeronaDirector, Infor CRM Development