Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

Is it possible to make a combined list of Opps and Tickets?

Hi

Is it possible to make a combined list of Opps and Tickets?  We're having a debate about how to make a summary of things with an account and although I think there are good reasons for Opps and Tickets to be separate, not all are happy with that.  One solution is to scrap using Tickets and make them Opps so they all appear in the same summary.  I think there has got to be a better way for multiple reasons.  One thought I had to mitigate this is having a tab which combines the two lists.  It might look something like this:

Date Opened     -    Type          -     Description          -     Status         -      Date Closed

6/12/14               - Opportunity   -    Abbott- Phase 8     -   Opened

6/1/14                 - Ticket            -   Problem with ABC   -   In progress

5/10/13               - Opportunity   -    Abbott- Phase 7     -  Closed-Won    -     7/12/13

3/1/13                 - Ticket            -   Problem with XYZ   -  Closed             -     3/5/13

Is that something that can be done? If yes, is it crazy complicated? Has anyone else done something like this before? 

Tha

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to make a combined list of Opps and Tickets?

By "list" - do you mean a group? .. or  a specific mainview?.. or ???

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Nickel Contributor

I mean could you make something like this:

Employee

Kim, you might get more assistance on this one over on the development boards.  Smiley Happy

Employee

Yes you can.  You would need to create a database view that Unions the two tables together with the fields you want from each.

Then you enable the view in DB Manager in Admin.  Then create an entity for the view in App Architect and join it with Account.

After that you can create a tab for it on the Account detail.

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM
Nickel Contributor

Thanks!  We'll look into that.

Kim