Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Integrity Checker - What where you thinking?

Since we almost accidentally removed important historical information I was just curious to know what was Sage thinking when they added in the Marketing section to Integrity checker, specifically why are you wanting to delete converted lead information after 30 days?  Was this a request?  It just seems strange that anyone would want to remove such historical data.

Ted

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Integrity Checker - What where you thinking?

I cant answer that.. but if I was you I would delete the tests that you dont want to be run (You can save a copy of them first as a backup)

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I am in the habit of backing up the DB immediately prior to running IC.    One system had a customization which fails one of the tests and as a result all rows in a particular table were deleted.  When this was discovered a week or two later I was very happy to have that backup.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks everyone for the replies.  The know I can turn it off, my question was more for the logical reason why Sage would have included this in an integrity checker functionality in the first place.  Data stroage is cheap and all of this is new, so someone just doesn't like saving historical data I suppose.

Ted

Highlighted
Employee

On a related note - there is an IC test for orphaned Account Summary records (AccountSummary records with no matching Account record). The code that executes to correct the problem will unfortunately delete AccountSummary records on remotes where the remote does not have (did not subscribe to) that Account. This may be undesireable if your customizations are counting on the AccountSummary records being there. Also need the AccountSummary records if remote users are allowed to subscribe to specific Accounts in an adhoc fashion.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group