Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Loyal Listener

Integrating Sales Tax for proposal generation

Has anyone integrated Nationwide Sales Tax into opportunities for proposal generation?  We're integrated to MAS through Dynalink, but since a number of prospects that don't have tax rates are receiving proposals we can't use the tax rate from the customer file.  We also include shipping as a line item which is sometimes a taxable item.

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Integrating Sales Tax for proposal generation

As a BP, we "eat our own dogfood" and have been running  the business since day 0 on SalesLogix. We also hit the same issue since we gen proposals via Opportunity.

The easiest way was to have a "product" called Sales Tax (you could have individual City/County/State, etc....) and add it to the product (and Sales Order) tab. We put a button on the Product and SalesOrder tabs that calls up teh calculator program to let us run the numbers and then plug them in.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Loyal Listener

Hey RJ,

Thanks for the quick reply and good to hear from you.  Yep, ate my own dogfood for a longtime too. 

I've actually considered most of that except for putting the link to an external calculator - that may be a good option, but now then I have to trust that a bunch of salespeople will calculate the tax correctly considering shipping/services etc that aren't always taxable depending on the state.  We've got Avalara in house, and I'm actually thinking about expanding the product table with flags for is shipping, is service and trying to do an integration back from the Avalara tables to give me a tax rate for product/shipping/service per account based on the zip code.  I'll let you know how that goes.  We're generating northward of 250 quotes/month currently with many being to prospects instead of customers.

On another note, I need to touch base with you sometime regarding your MAS200/SLX integration using TaskCentre.

Gold Super Contributor

Hi Rick,

AH.. yes... I'd like to brainstorm some of that with you....

Give me a call.. you know where to find me ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html