Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Import of history after the fact

Hello all, wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on the best way to get history imported after the fact.  We have a large amount of history to import into existing accounts and I'm sure there are some good tools out there to do so rather than importing using the standard import wizard and then merging the accounts.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Import of history after the fact

Yes.. it's called custom scripting. 

In the end, you need to match up the data w/existing Accounts so I'd suggest you get the accountid's from SalesLogix, add them to your import data and then just use the IW. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted

Hi

You might like to have a look at Inaport for SalesLogix (from us).

InaPlex is a Sage Endorsed Development Partner for SalesLogix, and Inaport is extensively used for importing all kinds of data (including history) into SaleLogix.

Inaport has powerful data transformation and testing capabilities, and sophisticated matching to ensure you identify the correct account/contact to attach the history to. It also provides robust error handling and logging capabilities.

It is a lot easier than custom scripting... :-)

Regards

David Evans

Inaport - CRM Integration

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Manually enter a history item into SalesLogix and use slxprofiler to see what is running against the database.  Use the info reported by slxprofiler to create a custom script for importing
Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"