04-17-2013 11:24 AM
I am importing account data into our v8.0 system using the Import Wizard. I have the import map defined and imported one sample record. The Import Wizard completed successfully and I see the data in the database tables (Account, Address, and an Acount Ext table).
When I view the imported record in the LAN client, I see the data just fine. When I log into the Web client to view the data (all of our users use the web client, not the LAN client), I see the imported account in the list view, but the detail screen doesn't display any data and all fields are greyed out.
Has anyone else experienced this issue? When comparing the imported account to other accounts in the database table, there isn't anything obvious missing that would be causing this problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-17-2013 12:29 PM
After a little more testing, I realized that the Admin user can see the account detail data just fine. The Owner of this account is the "ImportTeam" team. The user Bob is a member of that team (with Read/Write Default security profile) and is also the Account Manager. With these settings, the user Bob is able to see the account in the My Accounts group, but can't see any data on the account detail page of the web client as described in the initial post.
04-17-2013 05:10 PM
Their are some real tough restrictions in the web......for example, do you have the correct Roles and Secured Actions for this User? We 'NEVER' use the import wizard.....it's been 10+ year since we've used it.....
04-17-2013 11:27 PM
Have you checked that the seccodeID is the same in account and your extension table?
Do you have controls on your account detail form which are from the extension table? Do you have any event log errors?
04-18-2013 04:59 AM
RJ - I'm just curious, how do you import accounts, addresses, etc?
Here's a little more info on how this user is configured and something new I figured out:
- Team1 is the Owner of most of our accounts
- I created Team2 so it could be the owner of the imported account (we will actually have several new teams that will be appropriately assigned as the Owner of the 3000+ accounts we will be importing)
- Bob is a member of two teams (Team1 and Team2) with Security Profile of Read/Write Default for both
- Bob has been assigned a custom role to restrict some navigation buttons that we don't use. All our users are assigned this same role.
- The Default Owner for Accounts for Bob is set to Team1
- The imported account was assigned an Acct Mgr of Bob
- The imported account was assigned an owner of Team2. With this owner set, Bob is able to see the account in the My Accounts group list, but is not able to see anything on the Account Detail page (all fields blank and disabled).
- I changed the owner of the imported account to Team1. Now Bob is able to see the account details just fine.
It seems like there is an issue with the Teams, but I'm not sure what else to look at.
04-18-2013 05:02 AM
Alexander - The extension table does not have the seccodeID field. Yes, there is 1 control on the account detail form that gets its data from the extension table. I checked the event logs yesterday and there wasn't anything in there.
Thanks for your input.
04-18-2013 06:48 AM
Here's one more bit of information...
The user Bob is an existing user that was probably created back in version 6.2. I just created a new test user and configured its user profile to be the same as the user Bob. The new test user is able to see the account details of the imported accounts. So, it seems like any user that was created before we moved to v8.0 (v8.0 is when we made the jump to the web client) is not able to see the details of imported accounts. The Admin user and any new users created in v8.0 are able to see the details of the imported account.
04-18-2013 07:38 AM
Sorry RJ. I think the Roles and Secured Actions are all set up correctly because Bob has been using the v8.0 web client since we upgraded without issue (except for these newly imported accounts). The test user I created has exactly the same Role and Team Membership assignment as Bob but is able to see the newly imported accounts. The Secured Actions are just assigned to the Role, right?
I'm doing all this in our development system, which is a copy of our production system.