Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Import Wizard Problems

I'm having problems with my the Wizard.

When it comes to importing a .csv file,  the import is fine until it comes to mapping the individual fields from the file to SalesLogix.

Instead of each field from the file listed separately so that I can map each individual field as so:

- SalesLogix Import File 1

-Firm

-Street

-Post Code

-City etc.

they are all listed as 1 field like this:

- SalesLogix Import file 1

- Firm,Street,Post Code,City,Name,Surname,Function,Email,Telephone

And yet a few steps before the mapping when you can do Data Definition, each field is listed separately with their Field Type and Width. 

I don't understand what the problem is.

Any chance anyone else does?

Cheers,

Chris

Highlighted

Re: Import Wizard Problems

I realize this thread is a bit old and hope you've made it passed this. However I wanted to mention I don't think the Import Wizard is really supported or being improved by Sage. I would highly recommend investing in a better import tool, such as Starfish ETL. http://www.starfishetl.com/ It's the only ETL tool out there that supports both Saleslogix OLEDB and SData.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Import Wizard Problems

I beg to differ on the support issue of the IW by Sage SalesLogix. It is a fairly mis-understood component/tool that is part of the official distribution/release of SalesLogix.

With the Scorpion release (v7.0) it received a significant set of new features including VBScripting (same vbscript as SalesLogix) to do "transforms", etc. Todd Hardin (Sage Pro Services) created a great framework for ACT to SalesLogix using it.

I have a lot of bits and pieces on all of this and will be posting a blog in the near future on blog.rjlsystems.net

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html