Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Contributor

IIS Worker Process Consumes Memory

Has anyone else noticed that the IIS worker Process never seems to release memory..?

I have seen it run up and consume allavailable memory until the server stops responding with an OutOfMemory Error.

Currently we are recycling the worker process once a day, however this isn't appearing to be enough. Any suggestions on controling the amount of memory the WP is consuming..??

Copper Super Contributor

Re: IIS Worker Process Consumes Memory

We had a similar situation yesterday. We removed Intellisync from the app pool that the web was running on, and the memory was not freed. It ran up to nearly 2 GB.

We currently recycle once a day also.

Nickel Contributor

On the Knowledgbase there is an article about seperating the application pools for the worker process. I have done this as directed however, I do not see the second Worker Process running the the second App Pool..? Perhaps it till only load when called on from the SData portal.

Memory still continues to rise, currently recyclying the App pool 2-3 times a day. We can't be the only ones experiancing this issue.

Copper Super Contributor

Funny thing - when we separated it, somehow we started getting errors indicating we were out of valid licenses.

Copper Elite Contributor

Rich and Elliot,

We're thinking of upgrading and your issue definitely has me concerned.

What version are you on, 7.5.3? Is everyone a Web Client? How long has this been happening? If you recently upgraded/migrated what client/version were you using before? Are your users having any problems? When you recycle the process, does it impact your users at all? What has SalesLogix said? It sounds like others besides you two should be having this problem too. Did you try posting on ITToolbox?

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Super Contributor

We're on 7.5.2.

Yesterday we were talking with a Sage certified consultant who said that he had to configure his deployment in such a way that Intellisync was on its own server, because it was killing the web's worker process.

Speaking for myself, this is our busiest time of year for our sales force, and after taking Intellisync out of the app pool (which we should have done earlier), our memory consumption has dropped dramatically (on order of 40%).

We have not turned on Intellisync again. But one thing I did notice was that it kept lots and lots of sessions open (when tracking with perfmon) and we were recording high timeout values.

Strictly anecdotal mind you - but hearing some similar evidence from the SLX BP yesterday certainly got our attention.
Nickel Contributor

Well still our worker process is running out of control. I have heard from a SLX BP that they had simliar issue and Sage corrected it for them. I have tried the fix I found in the KB of spliting the applications and givning them their own application pools however that isn't helping.

We are looking at approx 50 users on the server and basically crashing it every 1.5hrs to 2 hrs. This is toatally unexceptable performance from the application. Seems someone in Sage supporttold me this was an issue with the provider for the lan client however when they fixed it .. the fix broke the web client so it was pulled back.

Someone out there or better yet someone at Sage has to be watching this thread and can provide some assistance here..

This isn't making a new client with 1100 seat licenses feel very comfortable in their purchase

Copper Elite Contributor

Rich,

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare for all parties and still curious why others haven't complained.

I once expressed my frustrations in a post appealing to the eyes of sage management to help out by jumping into the post. Someone did, saying they don't, and suggested following up with Sage Support and if no luck to e-mail saleslogix.escalations(atsign)sage.com.

I've tried whenever I've had an issue and have been very satisfied with their support.

Hope things get worked out soon.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Well it seems that there are two things working together here that have this under control now.

1. The BPs at THG were able to give me a fix for the ActivityFilters which had a memory leak.

2. Sage supplied LAN HotFix 09 -- which has a fix for the memory continually growing in the web client. Man I should have known that the LAN HF 09 had the fix for my web client.

Thanks To all those who helped resolve this