05-14-2014 08:02 AM
Windows 7; SLX 8.0.0 LAN
So I looked up my error on the knowledgebase and it tells me it is a defect in article QCRMAA00973I, but doesn't tell me how to fix it. This isn't the first time I've found my "Defect" and nothing says how to fix it. I'm not sure how that helps me.
My user gets "An error occurred executing active form script (System:Email - Send Ticket Information).
Type mismatch: 'chkContact.Checked'
at line 56, char 5 " when trying to email a ticket.
Line 56 in that script says:
chkContact.Checked = Not DoNotEmail
DoNotEmail is a boolean parameter passed into the Function Init.
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-14-2014 09:55 AM - edited 05-14-2014 09:57 AM
Unfortunately, because something has been (officially) labeled as a defect does not mean there is a fix/solution to it.
This "bug" was created by the 7.5.4 release of the form/script in question... and in reality it has to do w/BAD data in the Saleslogix db.. I found the bug and "fixed" all my customers' systems when 754 came out in June of 2011 (almost 3 years ago ;-)
Here's what you need to do:
FYI - this is typically caused by:
a - custom import scripts/programs skipping the "false" values
b - import and/or Lead to Contact Conversion <----- Here's the REAL bug ;-)
05-14-2014 11:56 AM
Thank you. There were 33 out of 12,000 contacts that had a NULL DoNotEmail. I also ran the rest of your suggestions, too.
I'll monitor it for a bit. Maybe I'll see if a lead-conversion will do this still and if it does, I'll put something in the table trigger to set it to 'F' when it is null.
05-14-2014 01:08 PM
You are welcome...
FYI - there are a LOT more fields in the db that have "messed up" data like this.. You will find 99% of all SLX Boolean fields in other tables are the same way. ;-)