Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

How to find a solution to a known KB problem? QCRMAA00973I Email - Send Ticket Information chkContact.Checked

Windows 7; SLX 8.0.0 LAN

So I looked up my error on the knowledgebase and it tells me it is a defect in article QCRMAA00973I, but doesn't tell me how to fix it. This isn't the first time I've found my "Defect" and nothing says how to fix it. I'm not sure how that helps me. 

My user gets "An error occurred executing active form script (System:Email - Send Ticket Information). 
Type mismatch: 'chkContact.Checked' 
at line 56, char 5 " when trying to email a ticket.

Line 56 in that script says:

chkContact.Checked = Not DoNotEmail

DoNotEmail is a boolean parameter passed into the Function Init. 

Gold Super Contributor

Re: How to find a solution to a known KB problem? QCRMAA00973I Email - Send Ticket Information chkContact.Checked

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, because something has been (officially) labeled as a defect does not mean there is a fix/solution to it.

This "bug" was created by the 7.5.4 release of the form/script in question... and in reality it has to do w/BAD data in the Saleslogix db.. I found the bug and "fixed" all my customers' systems when 754 came out in June of 2011 (almost 3 years ago ;-)

Here's what you need to do:

FYI - this is typically caused by:

a - custom import scripts/programs skipping the "false" values

b - import and/or Lead to Contact Conversion <----- Here's the REAL bug ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Re: How to find a solution to a known KB problem? QCRMAA00973I Email - Send Ticket Information chkContact.Checked

Thank you. There were 33 out of 12,000 contacts that had a NULL DoNotEmail. I also ran the rest of your suggestions, too.
I'll monitor it for a bit. Maybe I'll see if a lead-conversion will do this still and if it does, I'll put something in the table trigger to set it to 'F' when it is null.

Gold Super Contributor

You are welcome...

FYI - there are  a LOT more fields in the db that have "messed up" data like this.. You will find 99% of all SLX Boolean fields in other tables are the same way. ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html