Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Super Contributor

How to Record History Of newly Created Independent Entity In SalesLogix 7.5 LAN?

Hi

I have created a new entity in Saleslogix 7.5 LAN and i want to track the history of the all the fields that are created in detail form. I have checked the record changes property true and also created the new field in history table (so that to be the link of new entity) and also created join as standard enitities. But still i am not able to see the history of my newly created entity fields. Do we need to write the code for this or am i missing some step? Please kindly suggest

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Vamsi Inguva

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: How to Record History Of newly Created Independent Entity In SalesLogix 7.5 LAN?

In the LAN?

The default is to hide database changes from the history tab, so if you copied it, I would check that this is not being filtered out. If you are looking through the backend, then I don't know what to tell you. I don't even know if the "record changes" feature is supported on non-core tables.

Mike Boysen - Blytheco

www.blytheco.com | www.blythecodev.com | bMobile
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: How to Record History Of newly Created Independent Entity In SalesLogix 7.5 LAN?

You need to write code to populate the new foreign key (in history). I suggest you look at the Global Scripts (global event handlers) as a way to "hook in". Specifically in the Global Activity Script there are a couple of subs:

Application_BeforeCreateHistory(Activity,Sender)

and

Application_AfterCreateHistory(Activity,Sender)

Oh yes, when you change the History table you should make the exact same change in the Activity table even if you do not have any current plans to utilize the Activity change(s).

Using the Slx Profiler and the tips above you should be able to get things to work ok. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html