Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Astute Commentator

Re: How can I change Acct. Mngr for many Accts at once?

Yeah I need to learn more about it.  I don't really know any SQL but I've been finding many occasions where I wish I knew something about scripts.  And I'm not technically the Admin for our business but I believe I am expected to become something of the resident expert , since the IT admin has other priorities right now.

I tried the Help file I had, but it wasn't very helpful.  I imagine the Help file available to the Admin is much more in depth?

Nickel Super Contributor

Yes the help file in the SLX Administrator is far more helpful.  Do you have a business partner that provides support to your company?

Copper Elite Contributor

Basing updates on a Custom Group is great feature of the Territory Reallignment functionality. Unfortunately it had a defect in 6.2.2 where it intermittently didn't work if your Selection criteria included fields outside the Account Table. Groups typically used in a Territory Reallignment naturally often use Address table fields for selection criteria. We'll be testing this in 7.2.2 very soon - Sage has no defects identified in 7.2.2 for this functionality but they added that the 6.2.2 defect was never noted explicitly as corrected. Our workaround was to rely on Exec SQL to make the required updates but RJL scares me when he says we need to address all Tables with the Accountmanagerid field - this is simply Account, Contact and Opportunity, right? Thanks, Larry Esposito
Gold Super Contributor

Larry,

Sorry about the "scare"... ;-)

What I was getting at is there could be custom tables that have an ACCOUNTMANAGERID in them and you need to determine if these should be changed, etc...

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html