Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

GlobalChangeTracking causing slowness and locks.

After upgrading to SLX 8.1 we were unable to access Contact Tabs till the Triggers on the Contact table that write to GLOBALCHANGETRACKING where disabled. 

After Upgrading to SLX 8.1 we were having lockups and extreme slowness when creating and deleting Adhoc groups till we disabled the Triggers on the ADHOCGroup table that writes to GLOBALCHANGETRACKING. 

I am currently seriously considering disabling the remaining triggers on all tables that write to GLOBALCHANGETRACKING. 

Thoughts? Reasons I shouldn't disable these Triggers?

Employee

Re: GlobalChangeTracking causing slowness and locks.

Sorry to here you are having issues.  I would like to understand the problems you are having so I can try to help.

When you say you are unable to access contact tabs, does that mean just viewing or inserting/editing/deleting?  The triggers have no impact on reading data only writing data.

I am also surpised by the issues you had with Adhoc groups.  How much slowness were you experiencing?  How many rows are in your AdhocGroup table and how many in the GlobalChangeTracking table?

The triggers are needed for Integrations like (X3, Outllook, and Google).

For a list of all triggers and their function visit the following post:

http://community.saleslogix.com/t5/Administration/8-1-SNC02-Trigger-Issue/td-p/158332

Paul Zeimet
Development Manager
Infor CRM

Our AdhocGroup table has a totoal of 330729 rows.  

We implemented SLX 8.1 from SLX 7.5.2 May 16, 2014.  GlobalChangeTracking has 40861 rows.

When creating a Adhoc group the SLX program would seem to lock and take 3 to 5 min to resolve.  During that time locks would be experienced by other users.  When deleting a AdhocGroup the SLX program would again become unresponsive and generate locks; An issue that was not experienced with 7.5.2. Disabling the triggers for GlobalChangeTracking cleared up the creation and deletion locks experienced with Adhocgroups.  

Gold Super Contributor

Did you check to see if any of them have a PK starting w/teh letter "Q"?

"Q" records are generated as temp groups and normally disappear.. BUT several years ago there was a problem and they did NOT go away...... but teh code got fixed and if teh Q records were there they stayed...

SELECT Count(*) from sysdba.ADHOCGROUP WHERE GroupID Like 'Q%'

If you find any - delete them

DELETE from sysdba.ADHOCGROUP WHERE GroupID Like 'Q%'

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Our system has 458 where GroupID Like 'Q%' ranging from createdate 6-23-2008 to 05-20-2013

Our system was slx 7.5.2 in 2013

Gold Super Contributor

Well.. I'd kill off all of them.. (Q)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html