Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

FYI: Access to "Help" in SalesLogix (Windows) client sometimes fails

We had a client ask once recently how to do a particular thing. Naturally I told them to just go to the main menu and click on:

Help-> Help Topics

They did and nothing happened. So I tried the same thing on my SalesLogix - same results - nothing happened. So I asked them to logout and delete the contents of the cache, login and try again.. well it worked just fine again. A few hours later they reopened the trouble ticket saying the problem came back! Sure enough, after doing a GoToMeeting session we found Help did NOT work (again). So we did a Ctrl-F5 and help now worked (again).

This has happened in 7.5.x and I'm sure it's happening in other versions as well. It has nothing to do with being a remote (user/office) or on the main db.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Re: FYI: Access to "Help" in SalesLogix (Windows) client sometimes fails

This appears to be related to defect 1-68972. If you believe this is not the case contact support for assistance in troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Tim

Defect 1-68972

Steps to duplicate the issue:

1. Login to the client as any user.

2. Open a Detail View such as Ticket or Account.

3. Click to place the cursor in a data field, such as the Ticket Description or the Account Address.

4. Select Help from the pull-down menu - Nothing happens.

Additional: Sometimes, but not always, going back to a list view will make Help available again.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: FYI: Access to "Help" in SalesLogix (Windows) client sometimes fails

Yep.. 
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html