Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Error during Installation SLX Network Client

Hello all!
I have problem with installation SalesLogix 6.2 Network Client on one of machine with WinXP SP3 with last updates. It first problem what i have seen of all time installation of this product.
When I starting Setup process, i have getting Error message  like "Runtime error 216" and Installation process is break,and finished with no result.
It is new instalation on this PC.

Please help resolve my problem.
Thanks!

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Error during Installation SLX Network Client

I wonder if it's the MSXML "bug"? If so, this is a KI and you have to remove an MS update: MSXML6 SP2

Here's the catch.. you can't (easily) remove it because Microsquish removed the removal tool (Windows Installer Cleanup Utility) from their downloads.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

It didn't help. But when is error("slmailclient.exe error screen" after that was "Runtime error 216 at 0040A822") is display (it was on last step of finish installation).I found the process SalesLogix and MsiExec and killed them. After that I installed SLX Patches and Run the program. It is Working good! So the problem with Error didn't resolve but I found some way for install this version of product without reinstallation OS.
Copper Elite Contributor

Not so quick MicroSquish Squisher! Those bad boys simply had to fix the fix - it's back and it's better!

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968749

BTW, I thought errors with MSXML6 only happened when installing SQL Express and falcom is installing a Network Client.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Copper Elite Contributor

That's some fancy footwork falcom! I wouldn't bank on your SLX Mail Client working correctly. Fortunately, most don't use it, as far as I know! I seem to remember an issue with the install process here but I forget how we got around it. Perhaps we installed it separately. But you're good and that's all that counts. I'm sure you realize that 6.2 isn't supported by Sage.

Thanks,

Larry Esposito

Gold Super Contributor

Good to see they fixed the fix ;-) - however I do have the "tool" and rather rip it out (SQL express install does fix it after it's been ripped).. then run updates.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html