Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Error, Event ID 4, SlxSyncServer

Has anyone else seen this error in their Event Viewer?  There is no description for it.  Whenever it happens the sync server stops processing incoming and outgoing files.  We then have to manually run a sync which can take a couple of hours some times.

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Error, Event ID 4, SlxSyncServer

Do you have the Saleslogix Synchronisation server service assigned the an SLXService user and configured as per the Saleslogix implementation guide?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Copper Contributor

The service was not assign to the SLXService user, but I just changed that. The next scheduled sync did work so I'll keep my fingered crossed that it's fixed now. I really do not know if it was configured per the implementation guide. Everything was configure a good year before I started with the company. I would hope they read the manual!

I noticed the following when looking at the error more. "You cannot load more than one copy of SyncServer at a time." We don't have more than one instance running from what I can see.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Execute the reset command just in case. You will need to modify the location if different.

"C:\Program Files\SalesLogix\SyncServer.exe" /reset

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

Before you run the sync manually and do the reset

- stop the sync service in Windows services

- then do it  2 or 3 times to make sure everything is clear (no send or receives)

- exit the app

-then turn it (windows sync service) back on

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html