Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Enumerating Printers

[ Edited ]

We have had some issues here with Saleslogix getting stuck on "enumerating printers."  I have not been successful in finding a fix online.  We had the issue happening with the system of a particular user.  Now, all PCs in that department have been replaced with new systems using the same image.  Now one of those users (a different one) is having this issue upon starting the program. 

What causes this, and what steps can I take to fix it?  This is causing significant downtime in a department crucial department.

Thanks in advance. 

System:

Windows 7 x64

4 GB RAM

SalesLogix 7.5.2 (SP2)

The images on all systems there are now identical, and no printers have even been installed yet.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Enumerating Printers

The following issue was fixed in 7.5.4; it may be related:

1-78803: Sales Client hangs for 30 seconds if no printers are installed on the machine

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted

Thank you very much for the info.  Do you know if there is a fix I can apply for version 7.5.2?  When this happens, it does not hang for thirty seconds, but indefinitely. 

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Employee

I checked and it is not fixed in 7.5.2 and I don't believe this version is currently in the update channel; perhaps you could create a dummy printer by selecting a port of "FILE: (Print to File)" and the Microsoft printer "Microsoft XPS Document Writer.."?

Thanks

Mike

Highlighted

Thanks for the idea.  The next time this comes up (which is fairly often), I will give this a try and report back with the results.  I appreciate the assistance and the quick response!