Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Does SalesLogix use SalesLogix? Why not tell us they're no longer Sage?

[ Edited ]

Hey Everyone,

I just found out Sage SalesLogix is no longer Sage.  Are they using SalesLogix to track their customers?  I'm surprised they didn't put that database to good use and let all of us know about the change-- at least none of my colleagues seem to have gotten the memo.  We just figured it out when emails to Sage started bouncing and we started getting emails from @swiftpage.com...

Anybody have any news to share on the change?

Kim

Highlighted
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Does SalesLogix use SalesLogix? Why not tell us their no longer Sage?

Been public knowledge (and quite advertised) since Feb 15th ! Both ACT! and SLX were sold to Swiftpage by Sage. Nothing major. And, no, they don't use SLX (Sage that is) - they used SAP. Now ask the same question again :-)
Highlighted
Employee

[ Edited ]

Actually, as of June 1st we started using Saleslogix as our CRM inside of Swiftpage. We are still at the beginning phases to the implementation, but we believe this is a great opportunity for Saleslogix and Swiftpage to relate with our customers and improve our product. If you have access to the Customer Portal then you will see that that is powered by the Saleslogix customer portal. If you have any additional questions, please contact a sales person, one of our customer service representatives, or one of our support analysts.

Matthew Campbell
Systems Administrator
Swiftpage
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I guess I'm just not reading the right news.  I log into SalesLogix cloud everyday and didn't see anything indicating a change.  I guess I was expecting that they might have sent an official notice by email or post to their current customers announcing the change. 

I did notice the new logo when I logged into this user group the other day which I thought was odd, but didn't seem to have missed the actual announcement.

Really, they don't use their own CRM system for their own CRM?!  That's disappointing.

Kim

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sage NEVER used Saleslogix - except the Saleslogix sales team used the cloud (and new mobile web app). Internally, QA has maintained their tickets/defects records in Saleslogix. 

Before the Sage acquisition, SalesLogix used their own product (SalesLogix) for everything. Eve access to the support site was controlled by the Saleslogix system. Support used Saleslogix and the ticket system was Saleslogix. When Sage acquired Saleslogix (product/company) they (Sage) replace all of that and eventually purchased SAP. "Their attitude" (Sage UK HQ) was that Saleslogix was not "up to the job" of running in a large enterprise. Unfortunately they (Sage UK) never looked at some os the very large enterprise implementations that were up and running on SalesLogix. To them, Saleslogix was nothing but a "cash cow".

With the Sale of ACT! and Saleslogix to swiftpage (a North American privately held company) - all of this has changed. Saleslogix has become the corporate (CRM) system for swiftpage. The new customer and partner portals went on-line the first of this month and are basically a "custom" version of the OOTB Saleslogix customer portal using Saleslogix 8.0+.

Here is the customer url: Saleslogix

Also, go to this page and play the video: sw!ftpage/saleslog!x/act!

Oh yes.. there' still some "residual Sage" in some url's, etc.. all of this is quickly getting "purged".

I'm very surprised your BP had not notified you all of this was happening MONTHS ago!  Wonder what else they have not been telling you ? Maybe time to shop for a new BP ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

They probably would have told us... but they would have had to invoice us to do so. Smiley Surprised