Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Determining Team Owner

I'm sure someone knows how to do this but I'm wondering if it's data stored inside of a blob.

High level issue is setting up a TaskCentre task to send email notification of Defects. When the Defect is assigned to a User, not a problem at all, works perfectly. However when the Defect is assigned to a Team ( using a Left(Variables("DefectAssignedtoID") ,1)= "F" to make that determination) then who exactly would the task email? 

My assumption here would be the Owner of the Team. So, what I need to do is determine through the TC SQL Query who the owner of the assigned team is.

Where i'm stuck is in the data structure of connecting a DefectAssignedtoID (which would be a team) to the Owner of that team. I've looked through the SLX database help and haven't found much info.

I can travel up from there with the DefectAssignedtoID to the SECCODE table and get the team name itself. However what i'm not seeing in any of the tables (SECCODE, SECCODEJOINS, SECRIGHTS, User tables, etc) is how to determine who is the Owner of the team.

Any ideas?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Determining Team Owner

[ Edited ]

I've built things like this in TaskCentre as well where there are teams involved. Teams do not always have an owner (anymore). It is no longer a requirement like it was at one time.

You email to ALL on the team.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Is there a table that indicates team membership?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope... and yes.... you need to do something like:

SELECT EMAIL, *
FROM USERINFO
WHERE USERID IN 
 (SELECT ACCESSID FROM SECRIGHTS 
  WHERE SECCODEID = 
           (SELECT SECCODEID
            FROM SECCODE
            WHERE (SECCODEDESC = 'TeamName') AND
                      (SECCODETYPE = 'G')))

This is EASY to do in A Taskcentre OLEDB Query. Just setup a provider connection, an go for it.

You could pass in the TeamName as a parameter very easily.. It took me all of 120 seconds to do it.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html