Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Date stamp on Notes - automatic or shortcut key?

Greetings all.

I've read, and realized, that Shift+F9 will insert the user name and date and time... however, the format is simply too long.

I'm looking to see if there is a way to:

Insert the date and time automatically (I carry notes over) or if there is a way to shorten the format of the information inserted by Shift+F9.

The Shift+F9 method is a help, but it creates a LOT of noise in the notes block.

Information or suggestions much appreciated.

RS

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Date stamp on Notes - automatic or shortcut key?

Hi RS,

this function is hard coded. You could use a button to insert date and time the way you like to have it. Not a "nice" solution.

Regards
Rainer Raebiger

Greetings, and thanks for the reply.

Do you mean that there is a button that could be put on the UI that says "Time Stamp"?

I hope that doesn't sound too obtuse... I'm not a developer, just an end-user... The Shift+F9 solution does work, and is faster than typing the information... it's simply formatted in a manner that gives too much information for the intended purpose.

I could suggest that the format be altered, I suppose, to our IT group. (can that be done in-house?)

The information gathered on forums like this is very valuable and much appreciated.

RS

Gold Super Contributor

AFAIK you cannot change the format... and neither can your IT group.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Silver Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

If your IT group have the capability then they will want to check the following: -

The include spell check script (associated with the notes-history or ticket details view) already has the function Application.BasicFunctions.GetDateTimeStamp

- Modify (or add) the included spell check to include a new function that sets the date in the format you prefer

- Add this to the Menu object (which is a function of MouseDown) that inserts this new date/time - you can then right click and Insert Date/Time and it will do it to your format.

- Add a button or similar for the users to press - calling same function as above. You can add this anywhere you need it (just include the spell check script).

That's about it. I appreciate you will read this and go "what?!" - but if you hand it to your IT group then they should "get it". Otherwise, they will have to post here for further details.

Thank you for the replies!

I'll forward this information to the folks in IT.

Much appreciated.