Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener

Datagrid layout is not saving individual user changes.

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am using SalesLogix version 7.5.1 LAN client and am having issues with datagrid layout. I have some grids that work as expected and save the layout to the UserOptions table. I've looked through the grid properties and can't see anything that seems related.

It apears that legacy grids are saving the layout in the UserOptions table and some grids (Leads>Activities,  Account>Activities) are stord in the HKCU registry hive.

All off my custom tabs and most of the OOB views are not saving the user's preference in layout. Does anyone know the secret to getting these to save?

I have tried removing all my UserOptions records, UserOption and HKCU Client registry keys. Many are recreated as expected, but not for the grid layouts.

Dennis

Message Edited by dfoster on 09-11-2009 04:36 PM
Tuned Listener

Re: Datagrid layout is not saving individual user changes.

I guess the question I forgot to ask is; Are the user changes to grid layouts (dragging column 3 to be column 1) in the 7.5.1 LAN client suppose to persist after logging out?

Thanks,

Dennis

Gold Super Contributor

Re: Datagrid layout is not saving individual user changes.

No.. in 99.9% of the cases.

You have to custom "code it" yourself. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html