Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Bronze Super Contributor

Cool widget ideas for SLX Web

With the growing popularity of Social Internet tools I'd like to ask for some ideas. Currently we are working on widgets for SLX Web in the following areas...

• Twitter
  • Hoovers
  • Yahoo Finance
  • LinkedIn
  • GoogleMaps

Are there others you would like to see built? What tools do you use that make your life easier that we can integrate into SLX Web? Thanks for any feedback you can offer Smiley Happy

Sr. Sales Engineer
Gene Arnold
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Cool widget ideas for SLX Web

Linked In would be my priority
Jim Ward
President
978-356-2654x201
508-641-6854 cell
Skilled Commentator

...and other networking tools, Plaxo, etc..

you should consider ning. its becoming a very fast social platform for people

Employee

I think even ECM would be a good idea to integrate as a widget, midsized organizations use products like Sharepoint/FileNet. I am not sure if this fall in the social networking zone but then most organizations are still new to the concept of internet marketing through social networking tools, they do alternatively collaborate using either Sharepoint/Filenet or community servers.

Regards

Kannan

Copper Elite Contributor

At the risk of being labeled a heretic, how about some widgets for the LAN version too?  We were on 6.2.3 LAN/Remot Client.  We have just upgraded to 7.5 LAN/Remote Client and while the Web version of SLX is "spiffy", some of us, with extreme mods, can not and could not justify the cost to modify and port over all the changes to the Web version.  Until such time budgets free up (ha-ha), we are staying with 7.5 LAN/Remote client and would appreciate a little love thrown our way!! Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Actually.. I did a "hack" to see if I could put the "TimeLine Mashup" in the Windows version of SalesLogix. - The Answer - YES it is VERY possible.

If there is significant interest, I'll build it out into something real.

What entities/MainViews would one like to see this in? 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Elite Contributor

See, therein lies the (my?) problem.  Why should you, or anyone else for that matter, "hack" the system?  Granted, in this case I believe all you would be doing, in theory, is reading exisiting data, and then reporting it out in a different view.  The timeline feature is cool, I'll give it that.  And I believe it ties nicely into Opportunities since you can see at a glance where things are at, also a plus.  I just wish that some of the gee-whizz features available on the web version where also available on the LAN version.  (Whic God knows, we could start another whole message thread on that topic!!)

I guess one can say that any one's "hack" is just another term for "mod & bundle" in the end.

Copper Super Contributor

Realistically, I'm not sure you're going to see LAN version product investments.  As web interface seems to be the future and the core of all product enhancements.

Jim Ward

Jim Ward
President
978-356-2654x201
508-641-6854 cell
Gold Super Contributor

At one time "hack" was a good word...

What I mean is that ..<COMMERCIAL> I'd make it available for sale if someone wants it </COMMERCIAL> 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html