Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Cool widget ideas for SLX Web

Except by Business and Developer Partners. We'll continue to build out packages and sell them.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

@jward wrote:

Realistically, I'm not sure you're going to see LAN version product investments.  As web interface seems to be the future and the core of all product enhancements.

Jim Ward

I hope that is not Sage's Official stance on this.  There are a number of customizations that we will not migrate to a web based product for quite a while.  Also, for internal used apps (not ouside sales force) the LAN is still a very viable product.  Not everything has to be web based.   

Copper Super Contributor

Certainly not official Sage stance, however rich client is a fading demand.  I suspect the LAN will be around long enough to make sure all customizations can be ported over.  It won't go suddenly away, though most product investment will be toward a strong web client.
Jim Ward
President
978-356-2654x201
508-641-6854 cell
Gold Super Contributor

Within the installed base I do not see any fading demand on the LAN (Windows) based product. In fact, they want to do more with it.

On new clients it's 50/50 so far.. we'll have to see how it works out.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Copper Contributor

Many of us have expressed these concerns to Sage. The ultimate goal, we are told, is not to get rid of A Lan client, but to deploy a new LAN client that will be compatible with the web client, so that you can utilize a single development environment.

It will almost definitely not be the LAN client currently in use.  I probably shouldn't say more until I hear back from Sage on this, but we are in your corner.

Now back to the topic at hand:

I would like to see Sage expose the hook that is utilized in the Administrator application to determine who is logged in/logged out.  I would like to see that available to appropriate personnel in the web client, so you could get notifications in SLX when a co-worker has logged in (maybe you have to be a supervisor or a 'friend' to see this information though).

I would also like to see a secure chat client embedded in SLX that you could push a button and post an excerpt of a conversation to an ACO record. 

Matt Dockins
www.ppsfirm.com
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I would like to see Sage expose the hook that is utilized in the Administrator application to determine who is logged in/logged out.  I would like to see that available to appropriate personnel in the web client, so you could get notifications in SLX when a co-worker has logged in (maybe you have to be a supervisor or a 'friend' to see this information though).

That would be interesting in a connected environment and could possibly lend itself out to a social aspect where you can send a message to those logged in, much like IM.  Thing is that the remote/disconnected users would for the most part be logged out.

Martin Rudnick
Wells Fargo
SalesLogix Product Manager

"When in doubt, log out...and reboot"
Copper Contributor

@slsl wrote:
At the risk of being labeled a heretic, how about some widgets for the LAN version too?  We were on 6.2.3 LAN/Remot Client.  We have just upgraded to 7.5 LAN/Remote Client and while the Web version of SLX is "spiffy", some of us, with extreme mods, can not and could not justify the cost to modify and port over all the changes to the Web version.  Until such time budgets free up (ha-ha), we are staying with 7.5 LAN/Remote client and would appreciate a little love thrown our way!! Smiley Wink

I second this. We are in exactly the same situation. No budget dollars to move to the web client.
Nickel Contributor

I was working on incorporating some GoogleMaps mashups into the web client, but I've recently run into a roadblock in that the Google API licensing starts to get expensive when you put it behind a firewall. Some of the GoogleMap capabilities that I'd like to see and have been working towards are:

1. On a maps tab show the current account, lead, or contact location then have an industry lookup that would then show businesses near by based on the value from the map industry lku. (I have this part working now, but the GoogleMap is not embedded in the web client.

2. Be able to pull those locations nearby into SLX as a lead with the click of a link.

Our user community would love this from a sales & service standpoint.

Chad Morton
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hey Martin, with the IM idea once the user has logged in and established credentials I could be possible to give the functionality. More so with AIR or Silverlight bring up a secondary window for conversations is quite possible and could give the feel of connectiveness and providing realtime communication capabilities. It is also possible to centrally log any communication, questions or handle the broadcast since the communication server would be hosted internally.

Just some thoughts.