Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Contact got deleted and the Notes/History from that contact got moved to another contact with the same last name but a different account

I have somewhat of a bizarre issue, that I am trying to find an answer to. For some reason this has only affected contacts with the last name starting with the letter "A" and "B". I will try to give an example of what happened, and explain it the best I can.

Here is an example:

I have three contacts with the same last name of Anderson. John Anderson under Account "A", Cathy Anderson under Account "B" and Lisa Anderson under Account "C"  These account are completely separate of each other.

What happened was that Cathy Anderson and Lisa Anderson contact info somehow got deleted from their respective accounts. You can't find them anywhere in the CRM. However, only their Notes/History got moved to John Anderson who is with Account "A."   When you click on the note it shows that they belong to their respective accounts that they should be under, but they are not there nor anywhere to be found in the CRM.

My question is how could have this happened that a contact got deleted, but their notes got moved to a completely different account to a contact that shares the same last name?

I am mystified by this. And help is greatly appreciated.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Contact got deleted and the Notes/History from that contact got moved to another contact with the same last name but a different account

Tis simple.. Someone has been merging records. I cannot think of any other explanation.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited

Re: Contact got deleted and the Notes/History from that contact got moved to another contact with the same last name but a different account

Thank you for replying to my post Adam. I greatly appreciate it. So my question to clarify a little more is, the contacts were "Moved" from one account to another? Also, is it possible to move all of the "A's" and "B's" all at once? What menu do you go to to merge the records? I aopologize in advance. I am fairly novice and still learning about SLX. 

Bronze Elite Contributor

No problem!

It is possible as users with acces can merge data based on existing groups. Merging data is available under Tools | Maintenance | Check for duplicates within the Saleslogix client. Access to this functionality is controlled within the Saleslogix Administrator | User profile | Function Security | Tools | Maintenance

I hope this helps.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Gold Super Contributor

.. to add to Adam's response/reply.. don't forget to use the help facility.. it will tell you a lot of this and more ;-)

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Thanks guys! I think I get it. I'm gonna do some more research and use the help facility. If I have more questions I'll come back to you. Much thanks!