Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Change Match Criteria in convert Lead to Contact?

Hi,

We're running 7.2.2 LAN.  Our marketing group does a lot of lead imports of large lists (a couple thousand leads at a time). They have been going into the Leads screen, selecting each lead, and selecting "Convert Qualified Lead". They then look for matches to existing Contacts and Accounts.  The problem they have is that the default Match criteria filters include a lot more fields than they are interested in. They just want to select  a couple criteria, so they unselect the ones they don't want. This involves opening hte Filters tab, and unchecking each filter that they don't want.  Then the look for matching and convert this lead. 

Then they select the next lead, and have to go back in and unselect the same filter they don't want. May not seem like a big deal, but it does add a fair amount of time for a thousand leads. They would like to be able to change the default selected criteria and/or save their personal choices so that they don't have to reselect the correct ones for every lead.  I don't see a way to do this without modifications to code.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Patrick

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Change Match Criteria in convert Lead to Contact?

Nope.. a code change is the only way AFAIK.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks RJ.

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

You're welcome..  The OOTB setup just doesn't really do what most of us are looking for.

it's not a difficult customization to do... I've changed it a couple of times.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Patrick,

If you're team is doing a lot of this, DQ Global has a Capture bundle for SalesLogix which uses fuzzy phonetic matching across multiple fields and then ranks the matching records by overall score based on all the fields.  Where we've implemented this at customer sites the user never has to adjust any of the filters and the matching record is usually the first one in the grid.

Regards,

James.

James Sutton