08-24-2014 01:02 PM
Does anybody have a low-impact approach to simple Event Management for use in Web? I had been a fan of Eventix a decade ago, but they now work only with MS. Regardless, that was overkill for what I'm looking for. Here are the basics:
1. Mark a contact as reserved for a webinar through the same process that they confirm for Webex/GotoWebinar.
2. Simple handling of reservations for physical seminars. (We don't need to manage all the physical logistics through the tool.)
3. Straight-forward handling of credit card payments for (2). Know who has signed up but not paid. Perhaps interface to PayPal.
4. Tie to Sales Order so "back of the room" items can be sold directly out of Saleslogix.
08-24-2014 03:24 PM
Got all this.. and more but only for the Windows/LAN and mobility.. no plans to re-do it for the web... unless someone wants to pay a significant amount of $$$.
08-25-2014 05:52 AM
We have a basic module developed some time agao. We will port that from 7.5.4 to 8.1 soon. If you want, we can show it to you in a 7.5.4 environement.
Basically it can do the following:
- Manage events (no billing stuff)
- Associate contact
- Associate agenda topics
- Associate blocks (which can consist of different agenda topics)
- Associate a to-do list (No calender connection)
- Manage To-Do lists to reuse them.
If you are interested just drop me an email!
08-25-2014 07:02 AM
RJ, my immediate curiousity on this is triggered by a customer with not much $$. So I can't support a full port to web from Windows.
Alexander, This is in Web, yes? It might be helpful to see what you have, although it sounds like your thrust is managing the internals of the event. My focus is on managing the promotion, signups and attendance for an event. Maybe you could record a straight forward demo of your module?