Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Auto-assign accounts to Account Manager?

Hi,

Just wondering what tools people use to auto-assign accounts to an Account Manager based on rules? I can't imagine that there isn't some solution out there or built-in, but I haven't stumbled upon it yet.

Scenario:

1. A call center rep creates a new account based on some event such as an incoming call.

2. Based on the values entered into the account record ( State, Postal Code, Industry, Account Name, etc), the record is automatically updated to show appropriate account manager based on the criteria entered.

Pretty much how automatic ticket assignment would work. Ideally, we could need to update a couple other fields at the same time (Rep Company who should also handle the account).

We are on 7.2.2 LAN with Remote and Remote Office.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Patrick

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Auto-assign accounts to Account Manager?

There basically is no off the shelf solution.

Every company has different rules as to how Accounts/Contacts/etc.. are assigned.

If you wanted a "tool" to build out a solution that would be Windows/Web independent, I'd go with something like TaskCentre. It lets you have real SQL triggers which would fire and then do assignments/notifications, etc immediately.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Highlighted
Employee

You would essentially need to store the mapping of pincode/city/state/country with a saleslogix user in a custom table and based on an account insert/update(business rule) on the web you could have it auto assigned, in case of lan you would need to write this either on the save event of the record or update event of the record as writing triggers on LAN may not sync to remotes, in case you use task centre/knowledge sync you could wire up the BPM/BAM event to fire on insertion/updation of a record in saleslogix.

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Thanks for your replies.  I will need to let this stew of a while and probably see how much of an issue this really is for the business before investing too much effort into it.

Patrick

Highlighted
Employee

yes this could always be done through a manual assignment for starters and see how much productivity is lost by way of identifying the person to whom an account needs to be allocated Smiley Happy