Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Associating Campaigns with Opportunities

Hello,

I am trying to associated active launched marketing campaigns with opportunities in our system and they are not visible from the picklist. Is there other requirements to do so? I am able to sporatically see some inactive campaigns though I don't understand the logic of which ones appear and why.

Anyone have any insight?

We are not using the online version. I believe perhaps 7.5.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Associating Campaigns with Opportunities

Description:
The Associate Campaign list is blank on the Opportunity Marketing tab.

For example:

Log on to the SalesLogix Client.
In the left navigation bar, click the Opportunity icon.
Click the More Tabs tab.
Click Marketing.
Right-click in the data grid and select Associate Campaign.
No Opportunities are available in the list.
Possible Resolution:
In order to associate a Campaign with an Opportunity, at least one of the Opportunity's Contacts must be a Target on the Campaign.

To verify, compare the Opportunity contact list with the Campaign target list.

From the Opportunity Detail view, click the Contact tab. Make note of the list of contacts for comparison.
From the Campaign Detail view, select the campaign.
Click the Targets tab. Compare the list of targets with the contacts from Step 1.
Highlighted

Thank you!!

There is no capability to associate the campaign when they aren't a target? I had hoped to add in all campaigns including those such as ads where there is no upfront target list created and often the contacts are entered right into contacts (as we have the institution already) versus into the lead area.

Is there a way to associate lead source codes with closed/won opportunities? Currently lead source seems to be associated with a contact whereas opportunities are associated with an institution?

I'd like to be able to track the origin of a lead or contact to the specific promotion and then see which ones resulted in sales. I seem to be struggling with how to do that in the system.

Highlighted
Employee

There is no capability to associate the campaign when they aren't a target?

Not in the out of the box product no.  However I suspect a good business partner could amend the code for you so that this is possible.

Is there a way to associate lead source codes with closed/won opportunities?

Yes.  In the Opportunity Snapshot you can select Source and link it to a Lead Source.

Thanks, Emma