Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Associate Contact to an Account

Part of my CRM is that I have Physcians that are on staff at different hospitals.  The Physicians are apart of a medical group.  I created an Account for the Hospital (No Contats) but I cannot assocaite the Physician to that hospital, just the Physicians group.

How can I associate the Physician with the Hospital?

Highlighted
Avid Listener

Re: Associate Contact to an Account

Hi, I am trying to acheive the same sort of thing.

Did you manage to get anywhere with this?

I can only see to try and replicate the Opportunity Contacts functionality.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

No, I have not.  As you can see by my original post date, no one has responded.
Highlighted

Hello Bill,

You need to either create the customization or contact a partner.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Is this not the associations functionality you are talking about. I do not know if its been ported to the web but the associations table and lan client functionality has been there for a while. If that will not work for you a simple customization will address this as well.
Highlighted
Avid Listener

I think the current associations only allows you to associate an account to another account or a contact to another contact.  The goal here is to as associate a contact to another account other than the one it belongs to, similar functionality as at opportunity level with opportunity contacts.
Highlighted
Employee

Correct, associations will not satisfy your need as they only associate a like entity type.

You will need to create a new table and entity - AccountRelatedContact(Account 1...N table)

Create a tab form with Grid on the Account Mainview page.

I would probably go with a simple modal dialog QuickForm for the AddEditAccountrelatedContact records.

I've created this solution in SLX v7.5.1 about 6 months ago, do not recall if I ran into any specifc challenges but I do recall that I got it working OK.

Todd Hardin
SalesLogix Professional Services Group
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

I have a client with a similar requirement, where we ended up deciding to set up physicians as primary contacts within their own accounts. If you go down this (slightly cumbersome, I'll agree) path, the Associations functionality works a treat.
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

My company did the same as as PhilP's client for contractors.  It made life easier on extensive projects as well as correspondence tracking for us.

As much as customizations would be beneficial in areas, we're starting to get to the point where any more tweaks and changes, we might as well hire an in house developer  :smileyindifferent:

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Do you have the details of how you did this that you would share?