Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Asset user search

I have a particular product (e.g. a Bike), all of which have a particular serial number pattern (e.g. AB001, AB002...).

All of the assets in my system have contacts attached to them via the edit asset window. Is there a way for me to find the contact names and/or e-mail addresses of the contacts attached to assets called Bike, or serial number beginning with AB?

Alternatively, is there a way to return the contacts of contracts with attached Bikes or serial numbers beginning AB?

It seems like a simple concept in my head, but we are really struggling to do it with groups or reports.

Thanks all,

Dan

Highlighted
Employee

Re: Asset user search

Hi Dan

This is where you need to start looking at how the tables relate to each other in order to start building your group. if necessary you can use SLX Profiler to understand which tables are being written to.

The assets are stored in ACCOUNTPRODUCT table. This also contains the product name, contactid, serialnumber, productid etc.

So you could look at creating a Contact group, create a local join using the Contactid to the ACCOUNTPRODUCT table and then use the serial number etc as the condition.