Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted

Adding fields to SalesLogix

How can I add sortable, formatted fields to saleslogix using architect?

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Adding fields to SalesLogix

Can you elaborate. What is the field for and where will it be used within Saleslogix?

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

I am looking to add fields in the contact section of saleslogix under the details view. It would consist of check boxes and other fields to track customers. Thanks for your help

Highlighted
Bronze Elite Contributor

It sounds more like you need developer training. However, here is a basic update in a nutshell:

Open the Database Manager within Architect - Manage - Database. Highlight the Contact table and select 'Create new field'

Enter a Field Name and Field Type. In your example you will need to select SLX Boolean Type for checkboxes. Apply Changes.

Open the form you want to add your new field to: Manage - Plugins - Forms. Press F12 to open the Toolbox - Expand SalesLogix Controls. Select the Check Box Control and add it to your form. Double click on your new check box to show the check box properties. Bind your new field to the check box under the Text property and also give the check box a useful name for future reference. Save and update the release of the form.

Regards, Adam Travers
empath-e Services Limited
Highlighted

can you recommend any sources that i should look at to help with this? im using application architect to make this changes fyi

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Since you are doing "web".. it gets a bit more complicated.. as Adam suggested - you need to obtain developer training - Go to SageU.com and you can get it there.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html