Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Highlighted
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Adding Action (email) to Managing Sales Process Steps Pick List

Using 7.2v.  Am adding new Sales Process & updating existing one.   Have logged on as Administrator; accessed Tools->Manage->Sales Processes.  Created new process, created stages of new process, moved on to creating steps of stages.  Would like to have an Action that triggers an email prompt/window to open up as part of the step completion.  Existing actions =  None, Mail Merge, Basic Script, From , Phone call, To-Do, Meeting, Literature Request, Contact Process, & Activity Note Pad.

The closest thing I have found is the TO-DO action which allows me to add a note with instructions to click the INVITE CONTACT button on the bottom - which does open up an email window, but it contains my How-To notes from the TO-DO action window in the body of the email.

Is there an existing action I am missing that just opens an email window when you click on the Step Hyperlink?  Or, can an action be added to the pick list of Sales Processes?  I looked at the options of Managing Pick LIsts but could not even begin to identify which of the tabs (SalesLogix, Custom, Plug-Ins), let alone the items in each of the tabs that were the ACTIONS pick list for Sales Processes Steps.

Robin R. McDonald
Marketing Manager
DTx Inc.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: Adding Action (email) to Managing Sales Process Steps Pick List

I believe you will have to custom code it.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html