Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Account slowness in Web 7.5.1

We are in the process of implementing Web 7.5.1, and for the most part performance is good (not great, we are still on IE7), but in Accounts it is really slow.  Ex: When opening an account with about 1500 contacts, it takes a good 30-60 seconds for the screen to open.  This doesn't seem to be a client side issue or a database issue...Profiler is only showing some pretty quick queries, and fiddler only shows the data start returning near the end of that time.  I can see that the IIS process is churning during most of that time.  In addition, moving from page to page in the Contacts and Opportunities tabs takes a good 20-30 seconds per page.  Is anyone else seeing this kind of performance in Accounts?  Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Re: Account slowness in Web 7.5.1

There are a number of Hotfixes that address performance issues and I'd suggest contacting support to get those fixes.  In addition, for accounts with many contacts for 7.5.1 I would look at removing the Copy to Clipboard functionality from the Account Details form as that tries to pull all contacts.  This has been fixed in 7.5.2

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

There are several hot fixes available for download on Support Online for the web. Here are the numbers and a brief description.

HF6 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 6 contains several fixes for the SalesLogix Web Client. Refer to the Applying Guide for more details.

HF18 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 18 includes fixes for the SalesLogix Web client - correcting a mail merge dialog and SendSLX issue.

HF19 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 19 corrects a performance issue with a very full calendar in the SalesLogix Web Client.

HF23 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 23 corrects a log out / log off issues with the SalesLogix Web Client. Refer to the Applying Guide for additional details.

HF24 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 24 contains several fixes for Application Architect. Hot Fix 24 requires 7.5.1 Hot Fix 6 to be applied first.

HF30 - SalesLogix v7.5.1 Hot Fix 30 contains several fixes for the web client for performance with filters and etc. Hot Fix 30 requires 7.5.1 HF6 to be applied first.

Read the applying Hot Fix guide for each for specific defect fixes. Hope this helps.

Tuned Listener

Thanks for the feedback John.  I actually have all the applicable hot fixes applied to this system.  I'll try looking into the Copy to Clipboard functionality.
Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Talk to your BP as well. He/She might have attended the "Partner Boot Camp" in August or attended one of the partner webinars on dealing w/performance tuning in SalesLogix.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
Tuned Listener

Wow!...what a difference removing the Copy to Clipboard functionality made.  Thanks for the tip, John!