Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

Account Merge Error - Function MainView:DupMerge - Cannot perform on a closed dataset

[ Edited ]

Hello

When i try to merge 2 accounts with same address in SLX 7.5 I am getting the following error 

"An unusual error has occurred when executing MainView: DupMerge. Contact your system administrator. 0x1 @0: Function MainView: DupMerge

Exception:

Exception EDatabaseError:

Cannot Perform this operation on a closed dataset

Exception location:

[004E5CD5]{SalesLogix.exe}

"

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks in Advance 

Message Edited by rxp6745 on 05-03-2010 06:41 AM

Re: Account Merge Error - Function MainView:DupMerge - Cannot perform on a closed dataset

I am saddened that no on responded to you, particularly since I am now having the same issue. v7.2.1 LAN

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Account Merge Error - Function MainView:DupMerge - Cannot perform on a closed dataset

Seems to me like a permissions issue...

Are you trying to do this using the admin login or your own?

In my case, it turned out to be an externally added table that had been "Enabled." When you enable tables (in my experience) you get an error about a primary key and not being able to create child tables. When I updated the resynctabledefs record to reflect the existing primary key, the merge error went away.

Hope this can help someone else.

Nickel Super Contributor

Oh okay that is understandable.  That was one way I ran into the error, the other was when I tried to merge using a different logon than admin as my permissions were set lower than they should have been.

Kind of frustrating that they don't let you identify the "missing" PK when they enable the table.