Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
Nickel Super Contributor

7.53 HF9 - affecting LAN reports

Hi,

I have a customer who is running into an issue after apply HF9 LAN last weekend, and I wondered if anyone else has run into this, and if so, what was done to remedy the issue.

They have a bunch of custom Crystal Reports, which have embedded Word tables in them. These reports have looked the same between Web and LAN client up until applying HF9. Now, the reports look great in the web still, but in the LAN client, the formatting is a bit jumbled, and there are what looks like formatting symbols showing up where those tables are embedded.

I called Sage Support and they can't help with custom reports, so I'm going to look for an OOTB report that might be having the same formatting type of issue. I also tried just opening up one of the reports, resaving it and re-releasing it to see if that would fix it, but had no luck there either.

Anyone else run into this? It definitely seems to be an issue with the way that the local Crystal runtime engine handles the formatting vs the Crystal Reports Server engine. Just not quite sure why or what to do about it, other than playing with each report to get the layout adjusted just right.

If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, please let me know. Thanks!!!

Becki Blackburn
BITtelligent
Employee

Re: 7.53 HF9 - affecting LAN reports

I haven't seen this myself.  If you can create a simple basic report that shows the issue and provide it Sage Support, they should be able to reproduce the issue and log a Defect for you.