Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings

7.2.1 - Frequent Crashes Across All Network Users

We use 7.2.1 with some customisation for running invoices etc and as of late have found the system to be crashing numerous times on any given day.

The load on the server doesn't seem to be too strenous as we have run check for any spikes in activity, and cleared out a large volume of e-ail attachments that were beinjg fetched by SLX on accounts.

Are there any other areas we should focus on to find the problem and solve it?

Highlighted
Gold Super Contributor

Re: 7.2.1 - Frequent Crashes Across All Network Users

What is the OS version of the user systems?

What kind of "crash"?.... try adding a debugger (ex MS Script debugger) and turn on Debug on error on a client system to trap it.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html

Mixture of XP and Win 7 for the OS.

The crash are generally a freeze followed by any number of error messages. Typically a freeze then an error message that will not allow the user to close the program, without more error messages popping up.

I will try the debug route. I know the software is old, so are there any typical causes?

Silver Contributor

There are many reasons why I never got any customer up and running on 7.2.0 or 7.2.1......

RJ Samp

I thought that might be the case. So no outstanding reason why the system might fail?

The crashes seem fairly sporadic in this manner, although recently we have seen two points in the day - 9.45am and 2pm be epicentres, of a sort, for the trouble. 

Gold Super Contributor

A - The 7.2 release is a "retired" version - no new updates/fixes, etc

B - 7.2.x does NOT support Windows 7 - not surprised to see crashes, unexplained "failures", etc.

C - Saleslogix on XP requires Windows SP3 (I assume you have installed it)

Suggest your company seriously considers "getting current" w/your  Saleslogix "Customer Care" so you can get the latest release (8.1). Here in the USA there is a "Welcome Back" program - I'd think there's something like that in the UK. You might contact a local BP (ex: Mike Spragg @ empath-eDOTcom) to talk about this. 

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html