Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Home Request Access Read Blogs Share Your Ideas Search Community View My Settings
FC

50 million records

Hi,

may anybody know a reference: Handling about 50 million records (leads, accounts, contacts) in SalesLogix.

May with a performance test?

Thanks

Falko

Gold Super Contributor

Re: 50 million records

The BIGGEST problem here will NOT be SalesLogix itself - it will be your database "engine" (SQL server, etc), how it's tuned (index issues), and the iron (hardware) to run it on.
--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html
FC

I know, this is a problem to solve. So I'm looking forward to find a customer who use nearly the same rate of records in SalesLogix with MS SQL Server or Oracle, clustering and so on.

Is this for Web or Windows Client?  What will be the ownership on the data?  All Users see/own all data?

John Perona

Director, Infor CRM Development

Infor CRM

Infor CRM

FC

We've had a look at LAN-Client. But Web is also possible. It depends on what is the best for handling Queries and so on.

There are not all Users who own all data. But there are some users who need the right to see all data - for queries, campaigns, ... 

Gold Super Contributor

Either one (or a combination) is just fine. A properly configured and tuned installation should provide similar performance response(s).

A few questions:

A - Are you working with a BP?

B - If so.. have you asked your BP to provide you with performance information/potential configurations?

If NOT "a" then I suggest you do have a serious (technical) talk w/your BP to obtain answers. It's the BP's responsibility to answer these types of questions.

--
RJ Ledger - rjledger@rjlSystems.net +1 603.369.3047 x101

".. Innovators in Mobility - Experts in Workflow Automation..."
http://www.rjlSystems.net - blog: www.rjlSystems.net/blog.html